Equality, Diversity & Discrimination: the essentials
This half day training course covers the essentials of Equality and Diversity that all businesses, organisations, employee representatives and HR professionals need to be aware of.
We will be covering an introduction to the Equality Act 2010 and the different types of discrimination. We will share best practice that that you can adopt to promote a fairer, more tolerant and more diverse working environment.
The session will include and details each of the protected characteristics so you can learn more about what they are and how to avoid discrimination through your words and actions.
'Why Equality and Diversity matters'
- Make sure you’re getting it right and not making costly mistakes.
- By attending this course delegates will gain insight into key areas including:
- what is equality and diversity
- equality and diversity issues and the law
- the implications of getting it wrong
- top tips to help you get it right
- how to deal with issues should they arise
- best practice in equality and diversity in the workplace
- Managers and supervisors
- HR Specialists
- Employee Representatives
- MD’s / CEOs
- Owners of small and medium sized businesses
- Finance Directors
- Company Secretaries
- The Equality Act 2010
- Different types of discrimination
- The protected characteristics, with an explanation of each including why and how they are protected by the Act
- What is and is not acceptable behaviour, and why
- The risk of ignoring or seeming to approve inappropriate behaviour
- Personal liability
- Sharing good practice
Introductory rate £95 per delegate. Payments are made by BACs.
Subsidised rate for Voluntary Organisations.
Limited spaces. Book early to avoid disappointment
If you would like to attend this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)7903 236 984.
Look forward to seeing you!